- Eye and ear protection (wrap-around eye pro is HIGHLY suggested)
- A handgun in working condition
- 400 rounds of ammunition (minimum)
- A CCW type holster (the one you wear in public – no ‘training’ or game rigs)
- 3 magazines
- Elbow pads (optional)
- Comfortable clothing and footwear (long sleeve shirts and pants are a must!)
- Water and snacks
- A bag lunch
Note: As of 4/4/2012, ANY holster that utilizes the index or trigger finger of the shooting hand to disengage a locking device to release the handgun is now disallowed from ANY Rochester Personal Defense, LLC class, training, event, or any function that we host or have involvement with.
We spend a lot of our time in or around our vehicles. Driving on vacation, to or from work, running errands, just about everything we do involves a vehicle of some sort. Have you thought about how you would handle a defensive situation while in your vehicle? A carjacker? A mob of protesters turned violent? Do you play the ‘what if’ game when you are at a light or just driving? Do you have a planned response to various threats?
We will cover topics such as the readiness mindset, what gear you should have in your car, what you should take with you, how to use your car as a sanctuary, how to leave it if required, and more.
With a mix of dry work with dummy guns and live fire work, this class will get you to think about your vehicle in a new way. We will discuss the physics behind using a vehicle to escape an encounter, how to shield yourself, how to deploy your firearm from anywhere in your vehicle, and how to exit your vehicle in a safe but rapid manner.
Vehicle Defense Tactics
- A working knowledge of the Fundamental Safety Rules and the ability to handle your gun safely without hesitation. CCW1 or the equivalent training preferred.
5 in stock
5 Seats Available
6 Has Sold
Using your vehicle as a defensive tool
Carjack risk minimizing and tactics
Vehicle cover vs concealment
Mob assault defenses
Disabled vehicle evacuation
"Get home gear" for vehicle evacuation
Handgun tactics and skills in vehicle defense
Firearm use and safety considerations when in or around your vehicle
Defenses outside your vehicle
Live fire exercises