- Eye and ear protection (wrap-around eye pro is HIGHLY suggested)
- A handgun in working condition
- 250 rounds of ammunition (minimum)
- A CCW type holster (the one you wear in public – no ‘training’ or game rigs)
- 3 magazines
- Elbow pads (optional)
- Comfortable clothing and footwear (long sleeve shirts and pants are a must!)
- Water and snacks
- A bag lunch
Note: As of 4/4/2012, ANY holster that utilizes the index or trigger finger of the shooting hand to disengage a locking device to release the handgun is now disallowed from ANY Rochester Personal Defense, LLC class, training, event, or any function that we host or have involvement with.
We all spend a majority of our time in or around our vehicles. Driving on vacation, to or from work, running errands, just about everything we do involves a vehicle of some sort. Have you thought about how you would handle a defensive situation while in your vehicle? Do you play the ‘what if’ game when you are at a light or just driving? Do you have a planned response to various threats?
With a mix of theory, dummy guns, and live fire work, this class will get you to think about defensive driving in a new way! We will discuss the physics behind using a vehicle to escape an encounter, how to shield yourself, how to deploy your firearm from anywhere in your vehicle or how to fight if an attacker enters your vehicle.
We will also have live examples of how bullets interact with vehicle panels, glass, and more. Yes! You will be able to shoot at the car!
Vehicle Defense Tactics
- A working knowledge of the Fundamental Safety Rules and the ability to handle your gun safely without hesitation. CCW1 or the equivalent training preferred.
12 in stock
12 Seats Available
0 Has Sold
Theory/discussion on using your vehicle offensively
Firearm safety when in or around your vehicle
Defenses outside your vehicle
Defenses inside your vehicle
Combative skill response from driver and passenger seats
Effectively accessing your handgun from concealment while in your vehicl
Handgun tactics and skills in vehicle defense
Carjack risk minimizing and tactics
Vehicle cover vs concealment