SAFTD Defensive Handgun II
For this class, you will need the following items:
- A modern, serviceable, center-fire handgun (Semi-automatic pistol or double action revolver .38 special or 9mm or above.)
- Ear and eye protection (electronic muffs preferred).
- Strong side holster – (No cross draws, shoulder rigs, pocket holsters, ankle, appendix or small of the back carry). Blackhawk Serpa and similar holsters which require the use of the index finger to deactivate a retention device will not be used in SAFTD classes. The ONLY exception is for Law Enforcement & Military who are issued these types of holsters for duty use.
- No pocket guns such as Ruger LCP etc. You will be presenting the gun from concealment and re-holstering repeatedly. You need to be proficient at this task and have a holster that does not collapse when the gun is removed.
- 175 rounds of ammunition: Factory fresh ammo only. NO RELOADS, specialty or novelty ammo such as RIP ammo etc.
- Two extra functional magazines (semi-autos – 3 total) or speed-loaders (revolvers)
- Dual magazine carrier optional but HIGHLY recommended.
- Hydration system or bottled water.
- Comfortable shoes with sufficient support to permit a full range of motion. No sandals or flip-flops.
- Long pants, shirt with higher collar
- Sturdy belt
- Baseball cap
The goal of the Second Amendment Foundation Training Division’s Defensive Handgun 2 Course is to provide the student with an opportunity to build upon the foundational skill-set and knowledge base that was acquired in Defensive Handgun 1. This will include a continued focus on the defensive mindset, and the development of marksmanship and gun handling skills needed to safely and effectively carry a concealed handgun for personal self defense.
Students will become adept at working with the handgun from the holster, including drawing safely, efficiently, and quickly, and safely re-holstering. You will learn to shoot quickly but accurately, fire multiple shots with full control and will learn to reload the pistol quickly and efficiently using both speed reloads and emergency reloads. Students will learn to shoot effectively with one hand, using the dominant hand and/or the non-dominant hand. We will work on mental conditioning to prepare the student to effectively deal with a sudden threat to their life or the life of another.
Defensive Handgun 2 is designed to help the student quickly develop essential skills that can help him/her prevail in a real lethal force encounters.
SAFTD Defensive Handgun II
Prerequisites: SAFTD Defensive Handgun I or equivalent training
Out of stock
Get notified when this course is available
No classes available - Subscribe to get notified
0 Has Sold
Gun safety rules and trigger finger & muzzle discipline
The importance of the defensive mindset
Review of defensive shooting fundamentals
Dry fire & live fire exercises
Presentation from a holster
Emergency and speed reloads
Fighting stance platform
Delivering multiple shots efficiently and on target
The IALEFI-QP silhouette target
Introduction to one-hand only presentation and shooting