For this class, you will need the following items:
- If you live in the city of Rochester or in Monroe County, go to this link to download a copy of the permit. NOTE: Print it out “double sided” http://www2.monroecounty.gov/clerk-pistolpermits.php
- For information on applying in Genesee County, go here: http://www.co.genesee.ny.us/departments/countyclerk/pistolpermits.html
- For info on Wayne County: http://web.co.wayne.ny.us/county-clerk/
- For Ontario County: http://www.co.ontario.ny.us/index.aspx?nid=148
- For Orleans County: http://www.orleansny.com/Departments/PublicRecords/CountyClerk/PistolPermits.aspx
- For Livingston County: http://www.co.livingston.state.ny.us/departments.htm
- For Broome County: http://www.gobroomecounty.com/sheriff/id
- For Onondaga County: http://www.ongov.net/Sheriff/PistolLicenseApplicationFees2010.html#app
- Info on permits in Steuben County: http://www.steubencony.org/pages.asp?PID=480
This class has been accepted by numerous counties including: Broome, Chenango, Delaware, Erie, Genesee, Herkimer, Jefferson, Livingston, Monroe, Niagara, Onondaga, Ontario, Orleans, Oswego, Steuben, and Tioga, as acceptable training to obtain your permit.
If you are going to go through the process to obtain a permit in New York State (OR you already have one) this is the class for you! Safety and responsibility are the main goals of this course, but you will also learn about the differing laws and regulations regarding your permit, the mindset and attitude that each and every firearms owner should have, safe use and storage of your firearm, and more.
More and more NY counties are asking or even requiring applicants to obtain a course just like this one before they can apply or receive their permits. Do the responsible thing and attend. Educating yourself on this subject is important.
Even if you already have your NY Permit, you should attend to learn about the laws and mindset regarding owning and carrying your handgun. At the completion of the course, you will be issued a letter of completion to submit to the licensing office.
PLEASE NOTE: Unless we have your county listed above, we are not able to guarantee that your county will formally accept this course as a pre-licensing or safety course. That does not mean they won’t accept this course, it just means that there is no ‘official’ acceptance. Call for details.
Steuben County applicants: There will be a hands on practical section with a simulated handgun to fulfill your county requirements. If you have any questions, please call.
NY Permit Legalities and Firearms Safety
24 in stock
The course date has passed
6 Has Sold
How to obtain your permit
Advice on how to fill out the permit packet
Laws and legalities of owning and carrying a handgun
Information on carrying concealed or CCW
Effective equipment for CCW
Conflict avoidance and de-escalation
Safe Storage of firearms
Justification of defense and universal rules for the use of force and deadly force
The mindset of firearms ownership