For this class, you will need the following items:
The cost listed includes the NRA BOPS- ILT, Pre course Qualification, BIT, and the Pistol Instructor Module.
Most of the materials for this workshop are covered as part of the tuition. You will receive a list of additional required materials upon registration.
The course price listed includes the NRA’s Basics of Pistol Shooting course, which ALL new candidate must complete prior to attending the instructor workshop. If you have already completed the course, contact the office before registering. If you have not, contact the office.
Have you ever wondered what it takes to become an NRA-Certified Pistol Instructor? It takes Knowledge, Skill, and Attitude. If you have all three, you may be a good candidate for the next Instructor Development Workshop (IDW).
Oftentimes, an NRA-Certified Pistol Instructor is the first point of contact for a new shooter looking to learn about the shooting sports. That is an awesome responsibility to have. A good instructor will have a good approach to training, and possess a desire to help the new student succeed.
The RPD, LLC instructional methods have been used to create well-rounded students and instructors for other subjects and organizations.
If you are a new Instructor, the BIT (Basic Instructor Training) must be completed in conjunction with the module you prefer to take. If you already have the BIT, contact us for details for the Basic Pistol Instructor module.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor Workshop
All new instructors must complete the NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting ILT or Instructor Led Training.
You must pass the course with a 90% or better score.
- Current NRA membership or application prior to the workshop.
- Successful completion of the NRA Basics Of Pistol Shooting Course within the past year with a passing grade of 90% or better on the course exam.
- Be able to demonstrate and discuss the Three NRA Fundamental Rules of Gun Safety.
- A working knowledge of both revolvers and semi-auto pistols.
- The ability to manipulate ALL handgun action types
- The basic fundamental skills of shooting.
- Be able to shoot a sub 6″ group from 15yds without a warmup or practice.
- Have verifiable shooting experience.
- Be willing to learn modern techniques and training doctrine.
- Be more than ready, willing, and able to give back to the shooting sports, and be an ambassador to the NRA and the shooting sports.
- Be willing to learn new techniques and training doctrine.
- Be educated on gun rights issues and be able to converse with others in a factual and respectful manner to dispel the myths and inaccuracies surrounding the forearms world.
Out of stock
No classes available - Subscribe to get notified
0 Has Sold
How to instruct students in the NRA's Basic Pistol curriculum
Range and classroom operations (not usually provided in other NRA Instructor courses)
Drills to learn better evaluation and provide more effective feedback
Expanded range protocol and student management