For this class, you will need the following items:
- Adequate eye and ear protection
- A working and reliable firearm (unloaded and cased)
- 200 rounds of ammunition (Do NOT bring ammunition into the classroom)
- 2 magazines or speedloaders
- Notebook for notes
- Pens, pencils, and highlighters
- 3-3 ring binders (1″ or 1 1/2″)
- Water and snacks
- Professional looking instructor type clothing and range/classroom appropriate footwear
We are offering the NRA’s Basic Instructor Training, NRA Certified Pistol, Home Firearm Safety, and Personal Protection Inside the Home Instructor course in one session.
All new instructors must complete the NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting Phase 1 online. The cost is 60.00 and you should visit the following page: https://onlinetraining.nra.org.
You must pass the course with a 90% or better score. Afterwards, contact me with your score and PIN number to register for the BIT and Instructor courses.
NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting and Personal Protection Inside the Home Instructor Training
- Completion of the Basic Instructor Training (BIT) component within 1 year of this class.
- A current NRA membership or application during the workshop
- Successful completion of the NRA Basic Pistol course with a 90% or better passing grade on the NRA’s Basic Pistol exam (or equivalent)
- Successful completion of the NRA’s Personal Protection Inside the Home course and a passing grade on the NRA’s PPITH exam. (or equivalent)
- A working knowledge of both revolvers and semi-auto handguns
- The ability to competently demonstrate safe handling and efficient operation of both revolvers and semi auto handguns
Get notified when this course is available
No classes available - Subscribe to get notified
0 Has Sold
The Pistol Instructor portion will cover how to teach students in the Basic Pistol curriculum. Subject include: Safety, safe storage, parts and operation of a handgun, ammunition and components, fundamentals of shooting, participation in the shooting sports, and more!
The Personal Protection Inside the Home portion will cover how to teach students in the PPITH curriculum. Subjects include: Safety, legalities of gun ownership, strategies for home defense and security, live fire exercises, and more!