For this class, you will need the following items:
- A semi auto handgun in a defensive caliber (9mm, 40, 45)
- A safe holster, mounted to a belt, preferably around your waist
- Eye and ear protection
- A hat with a brim
- 800 to 1000rds of ammunition.
- Range appropriate footwear and clothing.
- Water, snacks, and a lunch
- Comfortable footwear and clothing
- Sunscreen, bugspray, etc. as needed
Note: As of 4/4/2012, ANY holster that utilizes the index or trigger finger of the shooting hand to disengage a locking device to release the handgun is now disallowed from ANY Rochester Personal Defense, LLC class, training, event, or any function that we host or have involvement with. For more information, please visit the following page: https://www.safeinrochester.com/serpa.php or email us.
This 2 day course will build not only your shooting and defensive handgun skills, but also your mindset and ability to win a gunfight. These are not ‘range shooting skills’. These are purely defensive shooting skills that will save your life, taught by the pro’s.
Think about this: Once you have been forced to defend yourself, you MUST win. There is no other option. The skills that you will learn and refine in this course are designed to help you do just that. Coupled with the required mindset, you will greatly increase your odds.
This course will also make your reaction time, presentation, reload, and your overall shooting skills faster and more efficient. Our goal is to help you make the transition from thinking about each skill to a near intuitive and efficient and skilled shooter.
If you wish to draw faster, reload faster, become a better and more accurate shooter, and be able to process information and feedback from your handgun better, this is the course for you!
Critical Carry Skills
- A valid State Pistol Permit or proof of legal firearms possession ability.
- Successful completion of our Concealed Carry 1 course at the ‘Pass’ rating OR equivalent training from a defensive firearms instructor who we can contact and verify. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE
You MUST be comfortable with your firearm. Do not bring one that you have not practiced with.
Out of stock
No classes available - Subscribe to get notified
0 Has Sold
Deadly force and non deadly force discussion (Article 35)
Ballistic data and stoppage details
Communication to increase your safety
Trigger control and manipulation
Malfunctions and stoppage clearing
Reloads and malfunction remedies
Movement and shooting while moving
Armed lifestyle details and requirements
Gear choices and placement
Discussion on gunfights in real life
Cognitive process shooting drills
Single hand engagement skills
Shooting from varied distances