For this class, you will need the following items:
- A valid Retired LEO ID or proof of valid retired status.
- A mid or full size carry gun in good working condition. (no sub caliber/sized guns)
- A minimum of THREE magazines or speedloaders
- 100 rounds of factory ammunition. No reloaded or hand-loaded ammunition.
- A quality CONCEALED CARRY belt mounted holster that covers the triggerguard.
- A holder or pouch for your magazines
- Adequate eye and ear protection.
- A hat with a brim.
- Range-appropriate clothing (casual/range clothing).
Note: ANY holster that utilizes the index or trigger finger of the shooting hand to disengage a locking device to release the handgun is disallowed from ANY Rochester Personal Defense, LLC class, training, event, or any function that we host or have involvement with. If you arrive with one of these banned holsters, you will not be allowed to participate in the training or the event. There are no exceptions.
Note to attendees: DO NOT show up with an old, barely usable duty type holster. I fact, do not bring your duty rig at all. You are not going to use a duty holster for concealed carry. You will need a CONCEALED CARRY type holster. This is not an agency or duty type qualification, it is a qualification to carry concealed. Bring the right gear.
If you are a retired Law Enforcement Officer (LEO) and wish to qualify under the HR 218 LEOSA guidelines, then this is the class for you.
Under HR 218, you, as a retired LEO, would be afforded the ability to carry your concealed firearm in any state in the US, with very few exceptions.
For the full text of HR 218, click here: http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c107:H.R.218
NOTE: This course is only a qualification course for Article 35 (Use of Force) and the firearms portion. As provided in the HR 218 Federal law, you will be provided a card that states you have qualified with a specified type of firearm, on an approved course. NO claims will be made as to what states or area will or will not honor the qualification.
This is a 50 round course where you will shoot from the 25, 15, 7, and 3 yd markers. Please review the required equipment list below.
This training session will certify you to carry either a semi-auto or a revolver. If you wish to be cleared for BOTH, we will have to run a qualification on the other type as well. Time permitting, this can be done during the same session. Otherwise, we will have to arrange a time to complete the second qualification.
HR-218(LEOSA)/18 U.S. Code §926B and 926C Qualification Training
- Have retired in good standing from service with a public agency as a law enforcement officer, other than for reasons of mental instability
- Before such retirement, was authorized by law to engage in or supervise the prevention, detection, investigation, or prosecution of, or the incarceration of any person for any violation of law, and had statutory powers of arrest
- Before such retirement, was regularly employed as a law enforcement officer for an aggregate of 10 years or more
- Retired from service with such agency, after completing any applicable probationary period of such service, due to a service-connected disability, as determined by such agency
- Have a nonforfeitable right to benefits under the retirement plan of the agency
8 in stock
The course date has passed
6 Has Sold
The overview of HR 218
Allowances and restrictions under HR 218
Aspects of civilian concealed carry and mindset
Article 35 (Justification of Defense) details
Firearm safety rules and instruction