For this class, you will need the following items:
- A quality defensive handgun (a spare is not a bad idea)
- A quality duty or concealment holster
- Three magazines (minimum) with pouches or two speed-loaders (revolver use) with pouches. More magazines if you have a gun that holds less than 10rds (5 mags)
- Belt designed to support gear
- 400 rounds MINIMUM
- Eye and ear protection
- Billed cap
- Clothing for weather conditions
- Water for hydration
- A folding or camp chair is recommended
- A concealing garment
- Personal First Aid Kit (PFAK)
- Any personal gear you prefer.
This course is taught by David S Jenkins, one of 21 Certified Handgun Combatives Instructors in the USA.
Dave completed a rigorous training certification course under Dave Spaulding, the founder of Handgun Combatives, in order to be able to provide this training. When you attend this course, you are getting the Handgun Combatives mindset, skills, and the benefit of over 60 years of combined experience purely dedicated to defensive firearms training.
This course focuses on those skills everyone must master to shoot the handgun well with an early emphasis on combat. Others call them “fundamentals” but we understand they are absolutely necessary…ESSENTIAL!
Hard emphasis will be placed on the human contact with the handgun; proper grip, trigger control and body position while deploying the handgun to a threat. The course will progress at the rate of the student body, so do not be hesitant to select this course!
This is where it all starts and you will be a better combative shooter when you leave.
- You must be FULLY familiar with your handgun.
- Competency in the safe handling and firing of your handgun is required.
- Prior shooting and training experience.Contact RPD, LLC at 585-406-6758 if you are not sure of your skill level. You may wish to attend our Concealed Carry Basics and/or the Concealed Carry 1 courses prior to attending this one.
Out of stock
No classes available - Subscribe to get notified
3 Has Sold