For this class, you will need the following items:
- A working and reliable pump or semi auto shotgun with a sling
- A working and reliable handgun in a defensive caliber (9mm or 38)
- 250 rounds of handgun ammunition
- 350 rounds of Birdshot (minimum)
- 15 rounds of 00 Buckshot (minimum)
- 15 rounds of ‘slug’ (minimum)
- A ‘dump pouch’ or somewhere to keep loose ammo
- A quality waist mounted holster for your handgun
- At least three magazines for your handgun – with a retention device/holder
- Lube for your gun
- Appropriate tools for your shotgun. (things tend to loosen up a lot!)
- Eye and ear protection
- A hat with a brim
- Comfortable range appropriate clothing and footwear.
- Plenty of water or other form of hydration (12oz for every hour is suggested)
- A lunch and snacks
Definition of Critical:
: exercising or involving careful judgment or judicious evaluation: critical thinking
: of, relating to, or being a turning point or specially important juncture: a critical phase
: relating to or being a state in which or a measurement or point at which some quality, property, or phenomenon suffers a definite change
: being in or approaching a state of crisis: a critical situation
Home Defense Shotgun 2 will teach you how to run your shotgun in various positions, situations, and under some skill based drills that will push you to your limits while keeping you focused on the objective – to win!
Bear in mind that we do not teach “range or administrative type skills”. We teach you life saving, defensive skills that will work in the real world, not just make you look and feel superior on the range. This shift in training is important. There is a lot of guns and gear out there that may look and work great on the range but SUCK (yes, that is a technical term) out in the real world. Bad gear will get you hurt – or worse.
For those that carry handguns for defense, we will also incorporate ‘transitioning’ skills to give you more options during an incident!
Critical Shotgun Skills 2
Home Defense Shotgun 1 or the equivalent. (Call for questions) This class will be moderately demanding physically. If you have a question about your fitness level, please check with us before registering.
11 in stock
11 Seats Available
1 Has Sold
Advanced skills for shotgun shooting
Drills and skill runs
Tactics for loading and transitioning different loads
Transitioning to your handgun (if applicable)
You may also like…