For this class, you will need the following items:
- Eye and ear protection
- A working and reliable pump AND a semi -auto shotgun
- 100 rounds of birdshot
- Professional Instructor related clothing
- Comfortable footwear
- A full list will be provided upon registration
Prerequisites for this course:
- A current NRA membership
- Successful completion of the NRA Basic Shotgun Course with a 90% or better grade on the course exam.
- Successful completion of the Pre Course Assessment.
- A working knowledge of shotgun types and operations.
- The basic fundamental skills of shooting a shotgun.
Have you ever wondered what it takes to become an NRA-Certified Shotgun Instructor? It takes Knowledge, Skill, and Attitude. If you have all three, you may be a good candidate for the next Instructor Development Workshop (IDW).
Oftentimes, an NRA-Certified Shotgun Instructor is the first point of contact for a new shooter looking to learn about the shooting sports. That is an awesome responsibility to have. A good instructor will have a good approach to training, and possess a desire to help the new student succeed.
Rochester Personal Defense, LLC and the LionsPride Training Group now has certified NRA Training Counselors that can teach new instructors to carry on the NRA tradition of providing safe gun-handling skills and education to the public. Our instructional methods have been used to create well-rounded students and instructors for other subjects and organizations.
Rochester Personal Defense, LLC and the LionsPride Training Groupwill be scheduling Shotgun Instructor Development Workshop classes regularly. If you are interested in becoming an NRA Instructor in pistol, rifle, shotgun, personal protection, and more, please contact us and we will let you know how to get involved.
All candidates must complete the NRA Basic Shotgun course as a student and achieve an exam score of 90% or better. You must also pass the required Pre Course Assessment. This is given prior to the actual instructor training OR may be included in the Basic Shotgun course at no additional charge. If done separately, it takes approximately 2-3 hrs and costs 75.00.
PLEASE NOTE: The course tuition includes the student level Basic Shotgun course, the NRA Basic Instructor Training, or BIT, and the Shotgun Instructor training modules. All three modules are required by the NRA to become a shotgun instructor.
If you have completed either the BIT or the Basic Shotgun course within the last year, contact me.
NRA Certified Shotgun Instructor Training Workshop
- A valid NY State Pistol Permit
- NRA Basic Pistol class, Concealed Carry Basics, or the Concealed Carry Basics Refresher within the past 6 months or the equivalent training or shooting experience (call for questions or details). THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE
You MUST be comfortable with your firearm. Do not bring one that you have not practiced with.
10 in stock
10 Seats Available
1 Has Sold
Legalities and justification in self defense (Article 35)
Deescalation and disengagement from an encounter
Drawing the handgun effectively and safely
Trigger control and manipulation
Malfunctions and stoppage clearing
Tactical vs combat reloading
Movement and shooting while moving