For this class, you will need the following items:
- An MRDS equipped defensive handgun
- A quality duty or concealment holster
- Three magazines (minimum) with pouches or two speed-loaders (revolver use) with pouches. More magazines if you have a gun that holds less than 10rds (5 mags)
- Belt designed to support gear
- 400 rounds MINIMUM
- Eye and ear protection
- Billed cap
- Clothing for weather conditions
- Water for hydration
- A folding or camp chair is recommended
- A concealing garment
- Personal First Aid Kit (PFAK)
- Any personal gear you prefer.
This course is taught by Dave Spaulding, the founder of Handgun Combatives, When you attend this course, you are getting the Handgun Combatives mindset, skills, and the benefit of over 40 years of experience purely dedicated to defensive firearms training.
The increasingly popular Mini Red Dot Sight (MRDS) will be addressed from a combative viewpoint. While an increasing number of courses deal with how to shoot with a red dot, this course will take your foundational skills and show the student how to FIGHT with a MRDS equipped pistol.
Subjects addressed include:
- A discussion of MRDS models and types, advantages and disadvantages
- How to find the dot quickly and consistently from ready and holster
- How to use the optic body to “aim” the pistol without the dot
- Shifting to back up sights
- Unconventional shooting positions and finding the dot
- Using the dot up close not just at distance
Combat Use of The MRDS with Dave Spaulding
- You must be FULLY familiar with your handgun.
- Competency in the safe handling and firing of your handgun is required.
- Prior shooting and training experience.Contact RPD, LLC at 585-406-6758 if you are not sure of your skill level. You may wish to attend our Concealed Carry Basics and/or the Concealed Carry 1 courses prior to attending this one.
12 in stock
12 Seats Available
4 Has Sold