Accelerated Heartrate Shooting Skills (AHRSS)
Course Price: $155.00
Course Times: 8 hours
Course Designer: David S. Jenkins
On the range, we are all the perfect marksmen. We can hit that 'A' zone or the bulls-eye every time. Our firearm always works, right? We are taught to pause our breathing, settle the sights on the target, and ....relax..... But that's not real life!
Want to take your skills to the next level? Using a combination of
specified tasks and drills, you'll get pushed to refine your skillsets
and hone your reflexes even more.
You are under stress. At night. You are moving and your target (aggressor) is moving. It's dark and raining or snowing. You've got family with you. Maybe you just had to run a block or a few hundred yards and you did not get away. What if you have to fight your aggressor to get to your gun? There are many things that make a Dynamic Critical Incident a constantly changing and fluid situation. There is one guarantee during a Dynamic Critical Incident: It will never go as you planned on the range or in the static classroom.
During this course, you will discover how fast your fine motor skills can diminish, what skills you will revert to, and how your mindset can and will be altered during a Dynamic Critical Incident. We will get your heartrate up to an increased level, stress you out by giving you multiple problems, confuse you by differing commands or situations, and more! The goal will be to get you out of your comfort level and get you to operate at your peak efficiency.
As of 4/4/2012, ANY holster that utilizes the index or trigger finger of the shooting hand to disengage a locking device to release the handgun is now disallowed from ANY Rochester Personal Defense, LLC class, training, event, or any function that we host or have involvement with. For more information, please visit the following page: http://www.safeinrochester.com/serpa.php or email us.
- Stress and how the body reacts and compensates
- What adrenaline is and what it does to you
- How your body optimizes the stress reaction to survive
- How to utilize your body's reactions to win a Dynamic Critical Incident
- The difference between 'Fine motor skills' and 'Gross motor skills'
- Fighting and shooting under stress and fatigue
|| Required Equipment:|
- Eye and ear protection
- A working, reliable firearm, preferably a mid to full sized defensive gun in 9mm/.38 or larger
- 500 rounds of ammunition (minimum)
- At least 3 magazines or speedloaders with carry pouches
- A quality, strong-side CCW holste (No range/practice gear- bring your carry gear)
- Clothing and dress for the weather. (if it is raining more than a
drizzle, we will postpone it. The decision will be made as close as
possible to the day of the class)
- Good footwear - you will be moving, possibly even running!
- Clothes that you can get dirty/muddy/grubby
- Cover garments- we will be shooting from concealment!
- Water and snacks for energy
- A lunch
- Elbow and knee pads
This course is moderately physically demanding. Any health concerns (Heart, Respiratory, etc) should be addressed before attending. Please consult the instructor and your doctor if you have any questions.
|| Prerequisites: |
CCW-1 or CCW-2 or the equivalent training. (Contact us before registering if you have a question about your training experience)
Frequently Asked Questions
Upcoming Class Dates:
Sorry there are no classes currently scheduled. Get put on a notification list
and be notified when this class is offered.